- With i-Tree Canopy, you review Google Maps aerial photography at random points to conduct a cover assessment within a defined project area.
- You draw your project area boundaries right onto Google Maps or you load an ESRI polygon shapefile in latitude / longitude coordinates.
- i-Tree Canopy randomly generates sample points and zooms to each one so you can choose from your pre-defined list of cover types for that spot.
- 500-1000 survey points are suggested; the more points you complete, the better your cover estimate for your study area.
- If estimating tree cover, tree benefits can also be estimated.
- Learn how i-Tree Canopy works.
Estimate tree cover and tree benefits for a given area with a random sampling process that lets you easily classify ground cover types.
Been here before?
Already started an i-Tree Canopy survey?
Load it here and resume your work.
Want to compare a completed i-Tree Canopy
project to Google Earth historical imagery?