- With i-Tree Canopy, you review Google Maps aerial photography at random locations to conduct a cover assessment within a defined project area.
- You draw your project area boundaries right onto Google Maps or you load an ESRI polygon shapefile in latitude / longitude coordinates
- i-Tree Canopy randomly generates sample points and zooms to each so you can choose from your pre-defined list of cover types for that location.
- 500-1000 survey points are suggested; the more points you complete, the better your cover estimate for your study area.
- Learn how i-Tree Canopy works.
The file must be in ESRI Shapefile format and in lat/long coordinates.