i-Tree Eco Project Planning and Management Resources
Documents and resources to help plan and manage an i-Tree Eco project such as examples of notification letters, plot maps, equipment lists and project time lines. Most planning resources were developed and provided as a courtesy by past Eco project managers to help future project managers.
- Casey Trees UFORE Management Guide - This guide, which was developed by Casey Trees in Washington D.C., provides detailed guidelines for planning, managing and executing an i-Tree Eco project.
- Cascade Land Conservany (CLC) Integrated Forest Assessment Report - This document was developed by CLC in Seattle, WA, and describes outreach efforts and guidelines for planning and managing Eco plot access issues.
- Idaho Treasure Valley i-Tree Eco Project Management Report - This document developed by David Stephenson, Idaho Department of Lands Community Forestry Program, provides suggestions, methods, tips and tools to help future Eco project managers.
- Idaho Treasure Valley Dot Grid Reference Sheet - This document provided courtesy of David Stephenson, Idaho Department of Lands Community Forestry Program, provides instructions for using an English dot grid for aiding in determining land use cover percentages. Refer to the Idaho Eco Mangement Guide above for more details.
- Urban Forestry South - Eco Project Cost Estimation - This document, developed by Eric Kuehler from Urban Forestry South, offers a cost estimate for an Eco project. Note - Numerous factors can affect project cost and this is provided only as a general guideline.
- Urban Forestry South - Eco Project Time Estimation - This document, developed by Eric Kuehler from Urban Forestry South, provides time estimations for planning and conducting an Eco project.
- Urban Forestry South - Eco Project Time Line - This document, developed by Eric Kuehler from Urban Forestry South, is an example of a Eco project time line for a county assessment.
- Eco Project Equipment List - This is an example of equipment options for a typical i-Tree Eco project.
- Eco plot descriptions Powerpoint (PDF) - This is a PDF file of a PowerPoint used for Eco plot training developed courtesy of Keith Sacre from Treeconomics
- City of Milwaukee - Notification Letter - This is an example on a access notification letter sent to residents provided courtesy of the City of Milwaukee.
- City of Milwaukee - Access Response Card - This is an example on a Eco plot access response card sent to residents provided courtesy of the City of Milwaukee.
- City of Milwaukee - Eco Plot Map - This is an example of Eco plot maps utilized by the City of Milwaukee.
- Urban Forestry South & University of Florida - Eco Report Explanation Brief - This document, developed by Eric Kuehler, USFS Urban Forestry South, and Francisco Escobedo, University of Florida, provides a brief explanation of and uses for the i-Tree Eco reports.
- Eco Data Explanation Sheet - Brief description of Eco sample project plot & tree data collection options.
- Eco Plot Data Sheet (Editable .doc version) - Modifiable data sheet for Eco general plot information developed by Sara Williams (Univ. of Vermont)
- Eco Tree Data Sheet (Editable .xls version) - Modifiable data sheet for Eco sample project tree data collection developed by Sara Williams (Univ. of Vermont)