Manuals & Workbooks
i-Tree Manuals & Workbooks
Current i-Tree User Manuals
i-Tree 2016 Software Suite Manuals
The 2016 i-Tree applications will continue to utilize individual version numbers to allow for proper updating as patches and modification are released. Therefore, individual i-Tree manuals will also display application version numbers 4.x or 5.x accordingly.
- i-Tree Eco V6 - see section below
- i-Tree Eco V5.0 (legacy)
- i-Tree Streets V5.0
- i-Tree Hydro V5.1
- i-Tree Vue V5.0 (legacy)
- i-Tree Species v4.x
- i-Tree Storm v4.x
Eco v6 Manuals and Guides - now available!
The following Eco manuals and guides are for i-Tree Eco v6. Manuals and guides are periodically updated and may require clearing your browser cache to load the most recent update available.
- i-Tree Eco v6.0 User's Manual updated 1-5-2017
- i-Tree Eco v6.0 Field Manual - updated 11-23-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Eco v5 and v6 Model Differences - updated 6-8-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Installing Eco - updated 11-23-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Exploring Example Projects - updated 12-7-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Data Limitations - updated 11-23-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Unstratified Sample Project - updated 11-23-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Pre-stratified Sample Project - updated 11-23-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Post-stratified Sample Project - updated 12-7-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Stratifying a Complete Inventory - updated 12-7-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Importing an Existing Inventory - updated 12-7-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Using the Forecast Model - updated 12-7-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - PDA Data Collection Using Ecov5 - updated 12-7-2016
- Eco v6.0 Guide - for International Projects outside of the U.S, Australia, Canada and the U.K. - updated 1-5-2017
i-Tree System Requirements (Hardware, Software & Data Collection Devices) & Basic Installation Instructions
i-Tree Pest Detection
- i-Tree Pest Detection Protocol Manual 1.47MB
- i-Tree Pest Detection Field Guide 38.7MB
- i-Tree Pest Detection Field Guide - Printer Friendly Version 2.81MB
- i-Tree Pest Detection Field Data Entry Tip Sheet 229KB
- Pest Detection Tatum Guide
Creating Random Plots for Eco using ArcGIS
Whether you choose purely random or pre-stratified random sample plots, we have a couple options to guide you in defining your i-Tree Eco project area.
ArcGIS v10.x with the Spatial Analyst extension
(These are generic instructions using most versions of ArcGIS. However, the basic concepts should apply to other GIS packages as well.)
(These instructions are specific to ArcGIS 9.3 using the VBA tools contained within the now unsupported itree.mxd ArcGIS project file.)
- Download the Random Plot Workbook which is applicable to your i-Tree Eco project.
- Random Plot Workbook - No Stratification (ArcGISv9.3)
- Random Plot Workbook - Pre Stratification (ArcGISv9.3)
(The following is an unsupported UFORE/i-Tree Eco sample plot generator for ArcView 3.x See the README.doc after downloading and installing).
Random Street Segment Workbook for i-Tree Streets & i-Tree Storm
The following workbook can be used to generate random street segments for an i-Tree Streets sample project or an i-Tree Storm project. The procedures outlined within the workbook should be compatible with most versions of ArcGIS. In some cases, some modifications may be required.
Tiger Line Technical Documentation
International Versions of i-Tree User Manuals
Translations of some user manuals have been provided by i-Tree Users to make i-Tree Tools more accessible around the world. We are unable to check the accuracy of these translations and provide them for your convenience as is.
Chinese - Simplified
Chinese - Traditional
Chinese simplified and traditional translations have been provided by the Taiwan Forestry Research Institute.