i-Tree for Funding Opportunities - May 2023
Urban and Community Forestry is making headlines this spring. In April, USDA’s Forest Service announced the availability of $1 billion to increase equitable access to trees and green spaces in urban and community forests where more than 84% of Americans live, work, and play. This is an enormous opportunity for communities large and small, and i-Tree is here to help. We will hold two free, one-hour workshops during the first week of May for an in-depth look at what i-Tree tools can offer. We will also host online office hours to answer i-Tree technical questions. Find a shareable/printable flyer with this information here.
Please register here to participate. All are welcome. Sessions will be live streamed on Microsoft Teams. Both sessions will be recorded and posted below as well as on i-Tree’s YouTube channel. There are no requirements for this course. Participants are encouraged to submit session-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Benchmarking and Prioritizing Impacts - Wednesday, May 3, 1:00-2:00 pm ET This session will cover how to use i-Tree Canopy to identify what you have, i-Tree Planting to examine impact metrics, and i-Tree Landscape to prioritize your needs. Learn how to get estimates of tree canopy cover, discover priority areas within your community, and analyze the equity and distribution of canopy benefits.
- Video recording
- Presenter slides - i-Tree Landscape and i-Tree Canopy, i-Tree Planting
- Monitoring, Forecasting, and Strategic Management - Friday, May 5, 1:00-2:00 pm ET This session will cover how to use i-Tree Eco to examine what you'll need to move your goals forward. Learn how an i-Tree Eco inventory can help you better manage your urban forest to maximize trees' benefits and ensure those benefits are delivered where they are most needed.
- Video recording
- Presenter slides - i-Tree Eco for funding opportunities, includes live links
- Office Hours – Monday, May 8 and Wednesday, May 10, 1:00-2:00 pm ET (add both sessions to your calendar) Join us for an informal discussion during our “Office Hours” to get answers to frequently asked questions about our i-Tree tools. You can join the office hours directly from this link during the appointed time.