i-Tree helps people understand the benefits that trees provide and our support team is here to help you understand i-Tree. The i-Tree team offers free support in using the tools, understanding the science (and pointing the way to more in-depth articles), plus we provide periodic online training.
Overview of the support we provide.
For new users, here is a handy Resource Guide.
Learn to use the i-Tree tools
i-Tree Academy and Learning opportunities
- i-Tree Open Academy 2023 - Live sessions are over but all recordings, exercises, and materials are available. Make your own course by watching and reviewing the materials you're interested or complete all six sessions on your own timeline.
- i-Tree for Funding Opportunities - May 2023 - A two session workshop in response to the recent $1.5 billion in federal funds made available for Urban and Community Forestry. Content relevant to other funding opportunities. Sessions on May 3rd and 5th with open office hours on May 8th and 10th. All sessions 1:00 PM eastern time.
- About the Domestic i-Tree Academy (2020-2021)
Understand the science of i-Tree
- Understanding i-Tree: Summary of Programs and Methods. (2021) A comprehensive report describing i-Tree methods, potential limitations, future goals, and opportunities to facilitate new science and international collaboration from Dr. Dave Nowak senior scientist and i-Tree team leader with the USDA Forest Service.
- US Forest Service webpage with links to appendices including biomass equations, wood density values, allometric equations and more (2021).
- Addtional Methods Documentation, Model Notes, and Technical Papers
- Software and Science change logs capturing recent updates to underlying models, methods, and databases.
See how others are using the i-Tree tools
- Project Profiles - summary descriptions of unique projects from i-Tree users
- Project Reports - reports shared by i-Tree users
- Beyond the written report -infographics, story maps, and other unique communication examples
Connections to other i-Tree Users
- View our Spring 2022 town hall meetings: Advanced | Intermediate | Novice users.
- Also, see our: Town Hall Resource Guide | Town Hall FAQs.
- Marketing i-Tree
- IUFRO Directory of Scientists working in forestry research
For international Users
- Overview of International Use of i-Tree
- International Reports by country
- International Documentation, Manuals, and Guides by language
Connect with us
- You can always reach us with specific questions at the i-Tree support email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feedback Form for the i-Tree Tools
- The official i-Tree FAQs and User Forum
- i-Tree Newsletters - we don't send too many of these, so don't be shy about signing up! Subscribe | Unsubscribe