i-Tree Eco v6 overview
i-Tree Eco version 6 is a flexible software application designed to use data collected in the field from single trees, complete inventories, or randomly located plots throughout a study area along with local hourly air pollution and meteorological data to quantify forest structure, environmental effects, and value to communities. Learn more >
i-Tree Eco v6 video highlights
i-Tree Eco v6 new features
- Flexible data collection
- New and expanded reports
- Forest structure and function forecasting
- Improved user interface
- Simplified external inventory import
- Adapted to work in new locations - including preloaded UK weather and pollution data
What does Eco provide?
i-Tree Eco provides extensive forest and individual tree analyses including the following:
- Pollution removal and human health impacts
- Carbon sequestration and storage
- Hydrology effects (avoided run-off, interception, transpiration)
- Building energy effects
- Tree bio-emissions
- Wildlife suitability (plot-based projects; limited to 9 bird species) Wildlife_Suitability_report.pdf
- Ultraviolet radiation (UV) tree effects UV_Report_Ecov6_example.pdf
Structure and composition analyses:
- Species condition and distribution
- Leaf area and biomass
- Species importance values
- Diversity indices and relative performance
Forecasting modeling options including:
- Tree planting inputs
- Extreme event impacts for weather and pests
- Annual mortality adjustments
Management information including:
- Pest risk analysis
- User defined optional fields
- Cost benefit analysis
Who is using Eco?
Thousands of people in the United States and internationally have used Eco for projects ranging from small tree inventories to regional scale assessments. Eco users include government agencies, consultants, nonprofits, universities, researchers, volunteers, educators, advocates and more.
Choose your project type
Complete Inventory - Typically used for smaller public areas or private properties such as corporate campuses, parks, apartment complexes, individual homes or cemeteries. Learn more >
Sample Inventory - Used when the study area is too large to cost-effectively inventory the entire tree population. Project estimates and benefits are based on sampling of random plots. Learn more >
Manuals and Guides - Provide step-by-step instructions for all project phases. New guides offer detailed information on specific topics. Learn more >
Video Learning - New instructional videos are being developed to show you how to use the Eco v6 application. Learn more >
Model Methods, Technical Papers and Journal Articles - Explain the background model science, processes and limitations. See the Archives Eco v6 sections. Learn more >
FAQS-Frequently Asked Questions Posted on our i-Tree User Forums. Learn More >
International Eco users
Adapted for Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, and the European Union. Eco v6 has been adapted for use throughout Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, and the European Union with pollution and weather data pre-processed and available in the application.
Processing for other international Eco users - International projects completed in countries other than those listed above will require using the new i-Tree Database system. In an effort to accommodate growing international interest, we are transitioning to this new system that will help automate processing and allow users to have their new international locations incorporated into a future version of Eco.
- i-Tree Database - Online system to add data for new, previously unsupported project areas outside the countries listed above.
- Ecov6Guide to International Projects - Formal guide for international projects outside the countries listed above. This guide can be used for reference while it is being updated for the new i-Tree Database system. Learn more >
Eco v5 - Eco v6 considerations
You will find the Eco v5 legacy application available within the i-Tree 2016 suite for users currently working on an Eco v5 project. Or, who require using the old PDA utility for data collection. Version 5 projects can be opened in Eco v6 and updated but will require reprocessing for reports to be updated. Learn more about other important considerations and differences between the Eco v5 & new v6 model. Learn more >
Learn more about the many people who have contributed to the development of the i-Tree Eco model and assisted in adapting international versions. Learn more >