i-Tree Manuals, Guides & Workbooks
For foreign language manuals and workbooks, please see our International Documents.
Para los manuales traducidos, consulte los Documentos Internacionales.
i-Tree System Requirements (Hardware, Software & Data Collection Devices) & Basic Installation Instructions
Current i-Tree User Manuals
The i-Tree applications utilize individual version numbers to track patches and modifications. Therefore, individual i-Tree manuals may also display corresponding application version numbers 5.x or 6.x accordingly.
Eco v6 Manuals and Guides
The following Eco manuals and guides are for i-Tree Eco v6. Manuals and guides are periodically updated and may require clearing your browser cache to load the most recent update available.
- i-Tree Eco v6.0 User Manual
- i-Tree Eco v6.0 Field Manual
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Eco v5 and v6 Model Differences
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Installing Eco
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Exploring Example Projects
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Data Limitations
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Data Collection Options for Supplemental Analyses
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Unstratified Sample Project
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Pre-stratified Sample Project
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Post-stratified Sample Project
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Stratifying a Complete Inventory
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Importing an Existing Inventory
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Using the Forecast Model
- Eco v6.0 Guide - Capturing Coordinate Data
- Eco v6.0 Guide - International Projects outside of the U.S., Australia, Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Colombia, and most countries in Europe.
i-Tree Landscape Guide
- i-Tree Landscape How To - This document was created independent of the i-Tree team by Christie Klimas, Margaret Abood, and Jazyln Marcos supported by a grant from the US Forest Service. Some methods may refer to previous versions of i-Tree Landscape but the majority of the information remains relevant to the latest version.
i-Tree Hydro Manuals
i-Tree Species Manual
i-Tree Pest Detection
Tree and Shrub Species Lists
- Species List: The complete species list including species codes, scientific and common names that the i-Tree software recognizes.
- Species Synonym Lookup Table: A workbook that contains all the scientific and common names i-Tree recognizes and their possible synonyms that i-Tree does not recognize. Some of the scientific and common names that i-Tree recognizes are currently misspelled in the species database i-Tree accesses. We are planning to correct this in the coming year.
Data Collection Sheets
- i-Tree Eco v6 Sample Project - Plot Data Collection Sheet - Eco v6 plot data collection sheet (docx) for sample projects.
- i-Tree Eco v6 Sample Project - Tree Data Collection Sheet - A customizable Eco v6 tree data collection spreadsheet (xlsx) for sample projects.
- i-Tree Eco v6 Complete Inventory Project - Tree Data Collection Sheet - A customizable spreadsheet (xlsx) for i-Tree Eco v6 complete inventory projects.
- i-Tree Eco Generic Pest Detection Data Entry Sheet - A Pest Detection module spreadsheet (xlsx) that can be adapted for Eco sample or complete inventory projects.
Creating Random Plots for Eco using ArcGIS
Choose either purely random (no stratification) or pre-stratified random sample plots depending on project goals.
ArcGIS v10.x with the Spatial Analyst extension
(These are generic instructions using most versions of ArcGIS. However, the basic concepts should apply to other GIS packages as well.)
Random Street Segment Workbook for i-Tree Streets & i-Tree Storm
The following workbook can be used to generate random street segments for an i-Tree Streets sample project or an i-Tree Storm project. The procedures outlined within the workbook should be compatible with most versions of ArcGIS. In some cases, some modifications may be required.